Sant Bani Ashram
News and Announcements
In this page you will find the latest news and announcements from Sant Bani Ashram. For information about upcoming retreats, click here.
July 1, 2021 - MEDITATION HALL IS OPEN DURING JULY RETREAT
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
The Meditation Hall at Sant Bani Ashram is currently open for individual meditation, and it will be open during the July Retreat. We have installed an Internet connection and will project the Zoom sessions in the Hall. Therefore you can participate in all the retreat sessions with other dear ones in the Hall.
There has been a dramatic decrease in COVID in recent weeks in NH. However, the virus is still present in the community. Therefore we request that all those utilizing the Hall follow the guidance provided below:
- Please do not use the Hall if you have symptoms, which may represent COVID infection or have had recent close exposure to a person with active COVID infection.
- Please maintain social distancing within the Hall.
- We will optimize ventilation in the Hall with open windows and fans. Mornings can be chilly and days warm this time of year. If you plan to come at a time when it might be cold, dress warmly and please bring your own blanket.
- Masks are welcome, but not required. For more information please see the recently updated face mask guidance from the State of NH: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/covid19/documents/face-mask-recommendations.pdf
- Singing bhajans is an important part of the Retreat. Singing in the Meditation Hall will be allowed; however, given singing’s role in COVID transmission, please sing softly or consider using a mask, especially if there are many people present.
- We will continue with the sign-in sheet in the Hall vestibule. Please sign-in when you arrive. This is important should contact tracing be needed.
The Ashram will not be serving meals or food during the Retreat, but the tea table will be available. Consider bringing a bag lunch or snack if that would help you participate in more of the Retreat sessions. As in the past, please do not bring any food or drinks into the Hall.
We hope you can join us for some or all of the Retreat sessions in Sweet Remembrance of Sant Ji.
Sant Bani Ashram
June 29, 2021 - Special Satsang from 16PS Ashram on Tuesday July, 6th
Gurmel, Sant Ji’s pathi (chanter and singer) for the last several years of his mission, and his daughter, Sukhpal, have recently been in touch with Sant Bani, and they have graciously offered to give us a Zoom tour of 16 PS Ashram during the Retreat – including the Underground Room. This will take place during a special Satsang on Tuesday, July 6th, at 9:30 a.m. EST (6:30 a.m. PST). It will begin with bhajans, continue with the tour, followed by an Underground Room talk, and a period of meditation. The Sangat in India has received the links, too, and has been invited to join us. We welcome all who can attend.